Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bombshell

This post brings my retrospective look of the original Insecticons to a close. Bombshell is one of my favorite characters from the original series. I don't mean just favorite Insecticon or Decepticon. I mean he was one of my top ten favorite characters from the original cartoon. He was always the most sinister and deceptive of the Insecticons, and it made him a really interesting character.

His toy is probably the least attractive of the three regular Insecticons. He transforms into a beetle, and he also has a less than stellar robot mode. In saying this, I mean that compared to the other two Insecticons, he doesn't look as good. However, he is still a great toy. The legs in robot mode have always felt backwards to me because you simply flip them forward leaving the grooves exposed for where his thighs fit for insect mode. His head however really fits the nature of his character. He is the only Insecticon with no mouth. He has a rather menacing looking mouth plate, and he also has a laser cannon looking thing on the top of his head.

One of my favorite episodes from the original cartoon was "Traitor". In this episode, Bombshell implants a cerebro shell into the head of the Autobot Mirage. By using this device, Bombshell controlled all of Mirage's actions. Throughout the rest of Bombshell's appearances, he was known for his ability to warp minds. He even took control of all of the Decepticons (minus Megatron) during one of the Insecticons' many troubled alliances with the them.

No comments:

Post a Comment