Thursday, October 29, 2009

Action Master Bumblebee

Action Master Transformers will always hold a special place in this fan's heart. I was too young to get my hands on the early waves of Transformers (considering I was born a few years before the line launched). In fact, the earliest figures back in the day I got my hands were the Protectobots. Because of the whole I was way too young to get a job thing, I missed out on classic characters like Bumblebee. This is why although the Action Masters couldn't transform, I loved the figures. It was my chance to get a hold of the classic characters from the cartoon and they looked like the cartoon characters!

Bumblebee was an excellent mold. Although he was the same size as his team mates, that was okay. He looked almost dead on with his animated counterpart. His weapon was pretty sweet too. He had a helipack which could transform and combine with his rifle to form a super weapon. This figure was a classic, and so were the other animated based Action Masters.
Although they were hated at the time, their popularity continues to rise (and are now more expensive to obtain). I am one fan who hopes that at least the Action Master figures based on the cartoon characters get a reissue treatment someday. Don't worry about the big vehices or weapons, just give me the figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment