Monday, January 4, 2010

Machine Wars Mirage

The Machine Wars continue! Mirage is a repaint of the mold used for Prowl (or most likely, its the other way around). Mirage is painted in bluish, green, and white colors with his vehicle mode more resembling his older G1 self. There really isn't much to say about Mirage. If you have read my review on Machine Wars Prowl, you'll know exactly how to transform this figure. He is literally 100% the same mold as Prowl. The only differences are the colors for the plastics and the decals. This mold would be reused for Skid-Z in the Robots in Disguise line in 2001, and it would be also used for the character of Mirage in the Robot Masters line released exclusively in Japan.

For the other three molds of the Machines Wars basics figures, I will probably combine them each into one review per mold. Literally, each Machine Wars basics figure has a repaint and is the same as their counterpart just with a different color scheme. One item I would like to point out for this figure as well as most of the others is the poor choice of packaging. Hasbro/ Kenner really did slap this line together. The font for the line is exactly the same as Beast Wars, the packaging is unappealing, and with other characters like Optimus Prime, the character art is a poor reworking and rehash of earlier art. Now that I am reviewing this line, I still enjoy the memories, but it wasn't as a great as an attempt as I remember. I think I was stuck in the whole feeling of "Yes, the Autobots and Decepticons are back!" due to all of the animal Transformers, Maximals, and Predacons released at that time. Although I was longing for the original vehicle Transformers, this really wasn't the true return.

No comments:

Post a Comment